- The dots that connects the business rules of natural environment
The dots that connects the business rules of built environment
- The dots that connects the business rules of Iranian people water centric framework
- Formalize contract requirements (models)
- Update only when it hurts (Early User Interface Design and Cost Drivers)
What does it exactly means "update only when it hurts" I want to explain that.
You should have already know about the Constructive Cost Model (COCOMO) which is an algorithmic software cost estimation model widely used during requirements gathering phase of complicated software development projects and programs. COCOMO computes software development effort as function of program size and a set of "cost drivers" that include subjective assessment of product, hardware, personnel and project attributes.
This extension considers a set of four "cost drivers", each with a number of subsidiary attributes - that also includes the early UI design (user acceptance model validation) are actually and should be set the most accurate value at "the end" of Gathering Requirement phase "only" to make sense.
Product attributes - Update only when it hurts
- Technology Acceptance Model / Adoption of new technologies by end-users
- Required software reliability / ERP and monolithic systems, etc.
- Size of application database / Data models
- Complexity of the product AI / Apps and APIs / BI / Big Data and Analytics
- On-premises Data Centers and Cloud Infrastructure constraints
- Run-time performance constraints
- Memory constraints
- Volatility of the virtual machine environment
- Required turnabout time
- Big Data and Analytics Infrastructure attributes
- Artificial Intelligence Electronic Engineering Needs (IoAT)
- Expensive metals (IoAT)
- Analyst capability - Networked IT structure
- Software engineering capability - Networked IT structure
- Applications experience - Networked IT structure
- Virtual machine experience - Networked IT structure
- Programming language experience - Networked IT structure
- Artificial Intelligence programming experience - Networked IT structure
- Use of software tools (AI, Big Data, Analytics, etc.)
- Application of software engineering methods
- Required development schedule
Before having the contracts optimized and work on the pre-post condition details, it is vital to have the space and boundaries set in a way that the dots that connect business rules are placed in the right use cases and the use cases are located on the boundary and space where they should belong! It means the top-down traditional analysis group should have been already finalized the space - boundary determination process.
I remember one of my professor universities used to say - wisely at the time - if you don't have enough knowledge about the boundaries of the problem, you are going to provide a solution - it's better to go bottom-up and see where the use case connections lead, then make the boundaries the way use case inter-boundary connections are at the simplest form! It makes the design process easier - specifically when it comes to normalize the database optimization design. I guess, this is not a case, as I recommend to use Data models instead of Database and we have access to Big data and analytics - Those days are gone!
Remember where we stand in terms of coding and developing diagrams with help of the core set data science competencies that has been already developed:
- Prove it with code (You need programmers in hand just dedicated to your demands)
- Apply Patterns gently (You need software architects in hand for early consultation)
We are getting warm while others involve in the program are already drenched with sweat! I assume you know what a framework is in terms of software engineering and what are the components of a framework in terms of business objects and technology.
This is the new paradigm of Requirement Analysis so close to the work of program managers, I will explain - I guess this is where people involve as program managers in "the" Darius program management start sweating like never before ...
Before I start to give some hints how does the "Requirement Analysis" new paradigm gets started and works toward getting us to the design, implementation and test, I like to emphasize the role of IT Infrastructure Architect as the essential Program Manager here.
Lets remember what is an IT architecture framework in order to continue with role of a technical IT program manager as an IT Infrastructure Architect during the Requirement Analysis Phase.
IT architecture framework refers to a concept and organizing principle that addresses and aligns technologies prevalent in application development, application middleware, management tools, networking, computing, and storage. The framework includes common architectures in each one of these areas and shows the synergies between these architectures.
An IT Infrastructure Architect should be a Data Enabled/Driven Infrastructure Architect to be a program manager here! He or she needs also to have a core set of Network IT structure competencies to be able to design the physical LAYOUT needed for the "Requirement Analysis" phase to be passed successfully.
To be continued in part 6 ...